Remember, fully understanding the truth of smoking and smoker's psychology is the crucial part and determinate factor to successful stop smoking. Please read the posts in smoker's psychology as your first step.
During your first couple of weeks without cigarettes, try the following techniques to make you feel better:
1. Avoid participating in activities which involve with a lot smokers, such as party.
2. Tell your family and friend you are in quiting smoking, and please don't pass you cigarettes.
3. Drink more, whatever pure water or tea. It can help to export nicotine.
4. Breathe deeper several times in a day for a couple of minutes, especially at the moments you smoked before, such as after a meal, or after bath.
5. Deep breath in the early morning, feel the pain in your throat and lung.
6. Eat more fresh vegetables and fruits.