I know you have been thinking of quit smoking. The reason you still smoke now is because you can not distinguish between, what is the truth and your real thought, and what is that the nicotine in your body tells you. Read Smoker's psychology as your first step.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Nicotine Replacement Therapy?

What is the most popular smoking cessation method you saw on ads? It is probably nicotine replacement therapy.

It includes:
  • Nicotine gum
  • Nicotine patch
  • Nicotine spray
and more...

Firstly, I personally don't believe in those fancy products. It is like chicken wings in different sauces, e.g., hot sauce, BBQ sauce, sweet sauce, garlic sauce, etc. The versatile sauces are only used to attract customers. In terms of nutrition, you can hardly say that hot sauced wings are better than BBQ sauced. Similarly, I believe if Nicotine replacement is effective, whatever products such as nicotine gum or patch would be roughly same effective. If you find any product works, just stick to it. There is no need to change to a newer nicotine replacement product.

Secondly, I don't believe in nicotine replacement. It is simple to me that if I'm addicted to heroin powder, will heroin injection help me to quit? If taking McDonald make me fat, will moving to KFC makes me skinny? The answer is no! You must entirely stop taking what is harmful to you, to get rid of it.

As I talked in smoker's psychology, without fully understanding the essentialness of smoking, those methods are useless. On the other hand, if you deeply know why you smoke and why you need to quit, withdrawal symptom will become very trivial. And there is no need to use any nicotine replacement therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment